In Fifth Grade Library, students:
– become independent users of both the school and public library by learning to use call numbers and the library catalog
– be introduced to the Oregon Battle of the Books program, and participate if they choose to do so
– learn research skills such as avoiding plagiarism, paraphrasing, selecting and using electronic resources
-learn about Internet safety
– learn how to effectively use electronic presentation tools
– explore reading and writing different types of poetry
Students have the opportunity to checkout at the end of every library class and can borrow three books at a time. They can keep their books for two weeks and items can be renewed. Visit the hours page for additional checkout times.
With parent permission, fifth graders can also access the Young Adult section. Young Adult titles are purchased for the library with our Mid-Level students in mind. They tend to have more mature content, language, and situations. If you would like your student to have access to this section, please print and fill out this form and have your student bring it down to the library.