In Fifth Grade Library, students:
– become independent users of both the school and public library by learning to use call numbers and the library catalog
– be introduced to the Oregon Battle of the Books program, and participate if they choose to do so
– learn research skills such as avoiding plagiarism, paraphrasing, selecting and using electronic resources
-learn about Internet safety
– learn how to effectively use electronic presentation tools
– explore reading and writing different types of poetry
Students have the opportunity to checkout at the end of every library class and can borrow three books at a time. They can keep their books for two weeks and items can be renewed. Visit the hours page for additional checkout times.