In Kinder Library, students:
– learn about book care
– examine the roles of authors and illustrators, and be exposed to a wide variety of each
– be exposed to award winning books, focusing on Caldecott and Theodor Geisel winners
– focus on the writing/illustrations of several authors, including Mo Willems and Tedd Arnold
– examine the difference between fiction and nonfiction
– learn about and listen to a variety of folk tales
Students have the opportunity to checkout at the end of every library class and can borrow one book at a time. They can keep their books for up to two weeks and items can be renewed. Kinder students will begin check out on either their third or fourth library visit of the school year. For additional opportunities to checkout books, visit the hours page.